Thursday 8 November 2012

NailOfTheWeek


I love having my nails painted. I can barely go a day with out having my nails painted. The colour always reflects my mood of when I paint them. Bright colours mean I'm often happy or excited, and dull colours, grey or black, mean I'm a little down or whatever. Its kind of my way of showing my mood as I don't express it physically that much. I decided to try the newspaper nails. To do this, I painted my nails a pale green. Waited for them to dry. Online I read that you need rubbing alcohol, now I don't have any rubbing alcohol, I just have, well, alcohol. Some sites suggested vodka does the trick, so used vodka. I dipped my dry nails into the vodka, got a strip of newspaper just a bit bigger than my nails and applied the newspaper to my nails. Hold it on for around half a minute, careful not to move the newspaper, and carefully take the paper off. Then hopefully the ink form the newspaper has transferred onto your nails. To stop the ink then rubbing off, it's best to apply a clear top coat. I use Barry M version, as this is a base coat, top coat, and strengthens nails. And you are done! It goes without out saying to use a pale colour, as the text will then be easier to see. The colour I used may have been a little too dark. Or the ink wasn't strong enough! 

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment